Access to the path 'Vault_WF_48290267' is denied.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

hutch619

Access to the path 'Vault_WF_48290267' is denied.

Post by hutch619 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:26 pm

I'm getting this error right after I start up the Fortress Client and select which repository to open. It appears to be specific to the requested repository because the error doesn't come up if I select any of the other ones. Clicking "OK" does nothing (just brings the dialog back up). This just started today and the only thing that I can think of that may have caused this is the fact that I have a project open in VS2003 that I am running under a different domain user (used "run as" to start up VS).
That was it. I just closed that instance of VS and was then able to get into Fortress Client. I am noticing a file in the Pending Change Set that was added that is displaying "Needs Merge" (in red).

...Weird. When I right click on the file to "Show Merge" it tells me that it is a binary file when it's listed as a .vb file. I was editing that file while in VS last and already went through the merge process so I don't understand why I'm getting it again. I just decided to treat it as an edit instead.

Hopefully this was a fluke. I'll let you know if I see it again.

lbauer

Re: Access to the path 'Vault_WF_48290267' is denied.

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:55 am

Thank you forthe information. When you logged to the machine as a different user, and changed the file in the same working folder, it would have not updated the file state information for the other user you logged in as. It could be that what caused the needs merge state.

If this happens again, please post steps to reproduce.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

hutch619

Post by hutch619 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:43 am

The issue still exists. Let me clarify that I am not logging into windows as a different user, I am simply running VS 2003 as a different user using the "run as" feature. The reason I am doing this is because of a known issue with debugging ASP.NET projects in VS2003 if you are not a member of the Administrators group (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... S.71).aspx). It is my company's policy (as it is with many companies) that all users use non-administrative accounts for their daily work. The only time we use administrative accounts is when we need to perform a task that can only be achieved through an administrator account. Usually, if the logged in user is not a member of the administrators group, we use the "run as" feature (which runs the desired task under a specified account) or we use a program called "MakeMeAdmin" which just elevates the current users account to Admin level. I am using the "run as" approach when launching VS2003. In doing so, I cannot connect to a repository if I have the Fortress Client running with the same repository opened. The opposite is true as well: if I already have a VS2003 project opened that is bound to a Fortress repository, then I cannot connect to that repository in the FortressClient (as outlined in my original post). I think it has to do with the fact that VS and Fortress are putting things like cached information under the admin accounts directory instead of my own. Perhaps I can get around the issue if I use the "MakeMeAdmin" utility instead of the "run as" feature since it just elevates the current user instead of running as a different one. I'll let you know what I find.

hutch619

Post by hutch619 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

Using MakeMeAdmin instead of the "Run As" command fixed the problem. You can download it here: http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/ar ... 93721.aspx

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks for the update, and for the link.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager