Customizable keyboard shortcuts

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

leetNightshade

Customizable keyboard shortcuts

Post by leetNightshade » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:49 pm

The current keyboard shortcuts for DiffMerge don't seem intuitive, so it would be nice if I could replace them with something that works better for me. For one thing, in P4Merge and WinMerge, they both support F7 + F8 as previous and next diff, making it super easy to move back and forth between changes with one hand. What you currently have setup works great for a two handed setup, not a one handed one where my other hand is on the mouse so I can go through a bunch of files checking changes.

Thanks, please let me know what you think, if you can do this.

Beth

Re: Customizable keyboard shortcuts

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:42 am

Next change is performed with F7 and previous change is performed with Shift-F7. F8 is the next conflict, and Shift-F8 is the previous conflict.

I will put in a feature request to change this to something else or to make it configurable.

V: G3551
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jkeegan

Post by jkeegan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:05 pm

It seems that the latest release for MacOSX doesn't even let you use F7 anymore... ? I just see Next Change as a menu item, with no keyboard shortcut (and there is no customizable keyboard preferences that I can see anywhere).

Are previous versions still available for download? Is a new version going to fix this? Is there some keyboard shortcut I'm missing that replaces this now? I really want to keep using F7 as that's what I use on the Linux version when I'm using that.

Please help..

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm

The F7 and F8 had to be removed.

I can come up with a previous version for you I think. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support