Issue/Bug - changes count is wrong

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

EdFInk@outlook.com

Issue/Bug - changes count is wrong

Post by EdFInk@outlook.com » Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 am

I am noticing an issue using DiffMerge where the number of changes/differences shown is incorrect. Right now I have 2 files I am comparing and I know there are 158changes between the 2 files. I have counted them manually and have confirmation via other tools that this is the correct number of changes/differences. However, in DiffMerge at the bottom right it says "Changes: 140". In this same window/view it shows all the differences matched up side by side and when I manually count them there - it is 158....not 140.

Confused...

Beth

Re: Issue/Bug - changes count is wrong

Post by Beth » Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 am

It's possible that some of the changes are lumped together as one.

In the Diff, you might notice that instead of just showing a single character change that it shows that a set of lines has changed, and that set of lines might contain more than one change in it.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

EdFInk@outlook.com

Re: Issue/Bug - changes count is wrong

Post by EdFInk@outlook.com » Mon May 19, 2014 7:55 am

Hi Beth,

Thanks! This does seem to be the case and now it makes sense to me. The lines that appear as one group are all right after each other in sequence. This makes sense for comparing source code as it would show as a single change. However, I am comparing data files. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of the grouping to show them individually to get a proper count?

Thanks,
Ed