Rollback of Changeset?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
vgrimes

Rollback of Changeset?

Post by vgrimes » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:39 am

I have been trying to figure out how to rollback a changeset, but all the posts I find on this forum (via searching through google) come up with posts from a decade ago saying it's not a feature but on the to-do list. If I search within the site's own forum searching, it comes up with ZERO posts for "rollback" even tho I found one through google that clearly had "rollback" in the name. At any rate, is this still on the to-do list a decade later, or can this be done some way I just haven't figured out how yet? Kinda hard to believe it's not a feature. Please let me know. Thanks

Beth

Re: Rollback of Changeset?

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:40 am

There currently isn't a way to roll back a changeset. What you will want to do is identify the folder version of the parent folder for the changeset. Then use instructions posted here, http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=12594, to move that version to the front.

Another option you have if there were only a few files in the changeset is to view the history of individual files, and use the Rollback function on individual files.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

vgrimes

Post by vgrimes » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:02 am

Thank you for your answer Beth. Wow, that is a lot of work for something that should be automated. Unfortunately, I had dozens of files checked out and only intended to check in half of them, so what could have taken 10s in TFS will take me about an hour to fix. I've only just started using Vault but I certainly won't be recommending it to anyone. Is there any reason why this feature has been requested for over a decade now but it still isn't in the product?

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:05 pm

We do try to fulfill all customer requests, and would like this feature to be a part of our product as well. The first attempt at coding something like this was with a folder rollback, and there were a number of use cases that affected the repository in unexpected ways. There are features we have that TFS doesn't have that need to be dealt with in a rollback. Once a reasonable solution is found we will happily include more than a single-file rollback.

I will add your vote to the feature.

If you would like some assistance with the rollback, feel free to send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth).

F: 11336
Beth Kieler

vgrimes

Post by vgrimes » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:46 am

Thank you Beth, I appreciate your adding my vote to this feature and I wish you Good Luck with the implementation!

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:09 pm

You're welcome.
Beth Kieler