Critical - VaultBuildTreeException

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
marka

Critical - VaultBuildTreeException

Post by marka » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 am

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as described in this post:
http://kb.sourcegear.com/FortressHelp/v ... 48&t=14148

And wondered if anyone here or in Support has encountered the same issue and how it was resolved. This request was taken offline by support and there has been no update to this post (I assume it was resolved).

Thanks in advance,

Mark

lbauer

Re: Critical - VaultBuildTreeException

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 am

I replied to your email to support as well -- We'd like to see a copy of the Vault Server log. It's called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. Send the log zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 am

Here's what the log says:

----4/10/2012 3:28:24 PM marka--MARKADEV(xx.xx.xx.xx)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.SORT temporary run storage: 140867663429632' in database 'tempdb' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Looks like SQL Server may be running out of disk space. Your 'tempdb' database can't grow. Either that or tempdb in SQL Server has a limit to how much it can grow and has hit that limit. Vault uses tempdb for temporary data.

If you have enough disk space on the SQL Server machine, check the tempdb space allocation. Tempdb is under System Databases in SQL Server Management Studio. Right-click on tempdb and select Properties->Files. Click on the (...) in the Autogrowth column and set autogrowth to grow by 10% with Unrestricted File Growth.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

marka

Post by marka » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Linda,

That was it, I just needed to clear some space on the SQL server!

Thanks ever so much for the quick response and for your help,

Mark

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am

You're welcome. :D
Linda Bauer
SourceGear