Modified Date column missing

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

scaiferw

Modified Date column missing

Post by scaiferw » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:31 am

I've checked the Modified Date column in options, but it's not showing up in the Vault client. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks,

Rob
Vault Standard Version 5.1.1.19215 -- Windows Server 2008 R2 -- SQL Server 2008 R2

Beth

Re: Modified Date column missing

Post by Beth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Try dragging the edge from other columns. It's possible you have one fully collapsed. Or try removing all columns except that one and try dragging the column edge.

Another thing you can try is to rename or delete the file vaultgui_dockpanel.cofig. Some settings are saved there. The file is located at C:\users\<your user name>/appdata/local/Sourcegear/Vault_1/client.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

scaiferw

Post by scaiferw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:28 am

I don't have that file there. Just two folders, Certificates and a guid named folder.

I have hidden and system files showing, but no files at all at that level.
Vault Standard Version 5.1.1.19215 -- Windows Server 2008 R2 -- SQL Server 2008 R2

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:30 am

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? Then I can take a closer look.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:54 am

The simplest thing to check is if the column is displayed, but set with a width of 0.

Here's a description and visual example (assuming the columns have not been re-arranged and are still in the default ordering [left to right] within the GUI client):

a) Find the first visible column or space to the right of 'Modified Date'. In the attachment I've sent, it is the 'File Type' column. Using your mouse, move the cursor into that area - either the column header or blank space in the header.

b) Next slowly move the mouse horizontally to the left, but keeping within the column header area until the cursor changes to the horizontal, 'resize' cursor.

c) Next, click and while still holding the mouse button, drag the mouse horizontally to the right.

d) Any column with a width of zero should appear and can be resized by the drag event.

Again, note if the columns have been re-arranged, you may need to use the following steps on different columns to discover any hidden columns in the display.
Attachments
unhide-columns.png
unhide-columns.png (17.5 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear