Object Reference not set to an instance of an object ERROR

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jgrolon

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object ERROR

Post by jgrolon » Tue May 27, 2008 9:56 am

Hello group;

I have been working with Vault version 4.1.1 (18060) and recenlty got back from a two week vacation. When trying to connect to my server by choosing the GO ONLINE option on Visual Studio 2008, I get the error message : Object Reference not set to an instance of an object. And I simply can't synchronize with the Vault Server.

According to the Vault Server Logs I can log in OK.

If I try to use the Vault Client tool, the error is the same, connection to the server occurs, but no Projects/Objects appear in the project/folder pane, and when I select the SOURCE menu, the error referenced above appears.

I am really not sure how to even start troubleshooting this message.

The dialog box that shows the error in the Vault Client application points to a series of support threads, I have seen a few of them but so far no luck on how to solve this.

I have also tried to re-install my client.. and the problem remained exactly the same.

Any suggestions, pointers you may have that may help me with this issue will be greatly appreaciated.

best regards..

Juan
Juan G. Rolón

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue May 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Do you get the same error in the stand-alone client?

Clearing your client cache is likely to make the error go away.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

jgrolon

Post by jgrolon » Tue May 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi Ian;

Thanks for the reply the error does occur in the Vault Client application (is this what your refer to as the stand-alone client) , when I select the SEARCH menu option.

I looked at the thread in your link, I am using Vista and the folder that most closely resembles the path for cached files is: C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Documents and Settings\juan.rolon\Application Data, howerver there is no SourceGear path there, and I can't find the files mentioned in the thread anywhere in my file system..

Is there anything else I can look for .. ??

Thanks again for the reply.
Juan G. Rolón

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue May 27, 2008 12:54 pm

On Vista, this will get you to the cache: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Sourcegear\Vault_1\Client
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

jgrolon

Post by jgrolon » Tue May 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks..

Cleaning caches solved the issue.

I appreciate your help.
Juan G. Rolón