Files in solution folder not picked up for Pending changes

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

samuel_d_jack

Files in solution folder not picked up for Pending changes

Post by samuel_d_jack » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 am

I'm using Vault and enhanced integration with Visual Studio 2008.

I've recently discovered solution folders as a way of organising files that don't belong to particular projects, but do belong to the solution as a whole - MSBuild scripts for the build server being one example. To see what I mean, rright click the Solution node in VS solution explorer and click "New Solution Folder". A ghosted folder is added to the solution tree. Then click the ghosted folder and click "Add->Existing Item" and select some auxiliary file.

This seems to cause a problem with vault. It correctly annotates the files with icons to indicate whether they are new or edited, but they don't appear in the "Vault Pending Changes" window. I have to fire up the Vault GUI client and manage them that way, which is a bit of a pain.

II assume this is a bug in Vault?
Samuel Jack
Paragon Simulation

ian_sg

Re: Files in solution folder not picked up for Pending changes

Post by ian_sg » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 am

This is a design flaw, brought about by compromise. You could call it a bug. :)

The pending changes pane is filtered based on the working folder assignments of the solution and project files of the current solution. Any files that are below one of these working folder assignments will show up in the list. Any files that are not, will not.

If the files in your solution folder are beneath the bound solution or a bound project, they'll appear in the list.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear