command line GETVERSION and performdeletions

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

BSayatovic

Re: command line GETVERSION and performdeletions

Post by BSayatovic » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 am

Please do!

Scootin159

Post by Scootin159 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 am

I'm getting this behavior in 8.0.1 as well. I assume this is still an ongoing issue?

BSayatovic

Post by BSayatovic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:13 am

Scootin159 wrote:I'm getting this behavior in 8.0.1 as well. I assume this is still an ongoing issue?
I've not tested it recently myself. I long ago resigned myself to having to periodically wipe the working space of my CI server so it can get all still-existing files, since I couldn't rely on Vault to perform the deletions. I never got any further information about it being fixed, either, so I assume it's still a shameful bug.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:21 am

I ran a check and see it's still there. I will bump up the priority on this.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm

We looked into this a bit more and it looks like this is the correct behavior for historical things. In the Help, it states that the performdeletions only works for the Get Latest Version. That's how it works in the Vault GUI client. That being said, I'll still keep it logged, just as a feature request. If we put it on the CLC for history, we'll have to put it in the GUI client as well. The real bug appears to be the documentation.

Either way, we're looking into this and will have more to say on it later.
Beth Kieler

BSayatovic

Post by BSayatovic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Beth wrote:We looked into this a bit more and it looks like this is the correct behavior for historical things. In the Help, it states that the performdeletions only works for the Get Latest Version.
First, I'm curious as to the reasoning behind only working for get latest version.

Second, I'll explain my reasoning for wanting it on get ANY version. My CI process first gets the top 1 history rows so I know what the latest is. I track that version number. Then I get the history between the previous version recorded and this new version so I can show a change log. Then I get that version. If I did get LATEST version, there could've been check-ins between my first command and now. It's not likely but I didn't want to build my process around something that is probably correct.

As it is, my CI process is flawed either way since deletes aren't performed.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:38 pm

I'm not sure the reasoning, but I'm not saying it isn't a good idea. It makes complete sense to have this. I explained further just to provide additional information, but this is still on our radar.
Beth Kieler

koverly

Post by koverly » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:36 am

Beth wrote:It hasn't made a release yet. We still have the bug logged, that I can add your "vote" to it.

F:13840
I encountered this bug today using Vault 6.0.1. Any word on a possible fix given that it was originally reported in 2005?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:37 pm

The developers looked into this issue previously and there are some conflicts in changing it currently. If you are getting on a recent version, then you will want to use just the Get command instead of GetVersion.
Beth Kieler