Vault API setup

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rgkeefer

Vault API setup

Post by rgkeefer » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:51 pm

I recently downloaded Vault API to try and create some build scripts. How do I actually use it? Do I just browse to the folder in a command prompt and start typing in commands? Just need some info to get started.

ericsink

Re: Vault API setup

Post by ericsink » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:04 pm

rgkeefer wrote:I recently downloaded Vault API to try and create some build scripts. How do I actually use it? Do I just browse to the folder in a command prompt and start typing in commands? Just need some info to get started.
The Vault Client API is a .NET-based API. You'll need a C# development environment (such as Visual Studio) to use it. Some people have used it with VB.NET, although that's not a well-worn path.

The source code to the Vault command-line client is provided as a sample of how to use the API. This file is the best place to get started.

You may not need to the client API. Many people just use the command-line client in batch files.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

rgkeefer

Post by rgkeefer » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:17 pm

I tried creating a batch file and used the following line to try to get latest version from a label....

vault getlabel -host vault.company.com -user "Build User" -password "MyPassword" -repository "QA" -destfolder "C:\builds\sourcetree" "$/Automated Tests" "My Label"

when I ran it said it did not recognize the "vault" command.

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:21 pm

rgkeefer wrote:I tried creating a batch file and used the following line to try to get latest version from a label....

vault getlabel -host vault.company.com -user "Build User" -password "MyPassword" -repository "QA" -destfolder "C:\builds\sourcetree" "$/Automated Tests" "My Label"

when I ran it said it did not recognize the "vault" command.
I assume this is just a PATH problem. Perhaps you should include the full path to vault.exe, instead of just saying "vault"?
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

HaroldKunz

Re: Vault API setup

Post by HaroldKunz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:04 am

Perhaps, this is a path problem, and you're not wrong. I'll be checking this issue again and again, as this is high time to write an article for my course of study. See you later!

[Moderator : edited out link]