Column order in main view doesn't restore properly

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jstarbird

Column order in main view doesn't restore properly

Post by jstarbird » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Vault 5.0.2.18753

One of my users was trying to move the columns around in the Client main view and while the columns would move correctly once they close Vault and relaunch it the columns return to their original locations.
After doing a search here I did find another post which indicated the registry key that may hold this info was "HKCU\Software\Sourcegear\Vault\Client\Settings\FormMain" entry, and the odd thing is once the order is changed the entry in that reg entry does show, for the RepositoryExplorer.FileColumns portion -
SmartListView.ColumnOrders,File,Check Outs,Checkout Location,Local Version,Remote Version,Status

which is the modifed order the user was trying to select, moving Checkout Location basically. But the client just isn't displaying them in that order. Not certain if that's the correct reg location or not.

So I'm not sure, is the reordering of the columns something that should be getting saved and restored correctly? I did test it myself on another system and was able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
J

lbauer

Re: Column order in main view doesn't restore properly

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:37 pm

You're correct that the columns always go back to the default order once you've closed and reopened client and logged into the repository. I'm not sure if this is a bug to fix or a feature we need to implement.

I have logged Work Item 15198 to address this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Beth

Re: Column order in main view doesn't restore properly

Post by Beth » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:22 am

Vault 7.2 has a fix in it that should address this issue.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support