Save files in a shelveset to a folder

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

samvan

Save files in a shelveset to a folder

Post by samvan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:18 am

Hi,

I am new to vault and have been quite happy about the features and usefulness. One thing I see missing from the shelveset feature is that when I choose to unshelve a set, it does not allow me to unshelve the files to a different folder.

I am creating modified version of my software for my clients, and in doing so I am only shipping the modified files. I do not check in the mods for clients and would only do a shelve. It will be very helpful if I can unshelve a shelveset to a different folder (instead of always opening files in the editor).

lbauer

Re: Save files in a shelveset to a folder

Post by lbauer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 pm

We have feature request 15298 logged for this functionality; I'll add your vote.

It will be evaluated for an upcoming release of Vault and Fortress.

Thanks for your feedback!

A workaround might be to temporarily set the working folder to different directory and unshelve there.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

samvan

Post by samvan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 pm

lbauer wrote:We have feature request 15298 logged for this functionality; I'll add your vote.

It will be evaluated for an upcoming release of Vault and Fortress.
I'm wondering if this request has been added to Vault? I'm now using 7.2.1 but I can't find it.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 am

Currently, if you are unshelving someone else's shelve, then you can change where the shelve is placed. It's not possible yet for a user to unshelve their own shelve to a different location. You can change your working folder and then unshelve to get it to a different location.

I'll add your "vote" to the feature request.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support