Is Bug Number stored?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ww

Is Bug Number stored?

Post by ww » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:57 pm

I have been using the "Update Bugs" field to record the change ID from our change management system (which is not integrated with Vault). Now I've realized that this value doesn't appear anywhere in the details when I look at the history for an item. Is it not being saved with the change set?

Beth

Re: Is Bug Number stored?

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:33 pm

The bug logging field is for integrated work item tracking, bug tracking, or change management. Vault Standard supports FogCreek FogBugz integration, which would need to be configure before use. If you're using Vault Professional, then an entry for what was modified is saved in the Vault Pro work item.

The bug is used for pushing a link to the code that was edited out to the integrated software, not for saving the bug number in the Vault source history.

I will log a bug stating that field should not be active if there is no integrated system.

F: 17648
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ww

Post by ww » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Yes, it should be disabled if it's not useful. I think in the past it was.

But it would be even better to make a change so the value is stored and can be viewed/searched. That's a little cleaner than putting it in the comments and searching for it there.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 am

I've logged a feature request to make that area save the bug to a database field as well so that it's part of Vault history. Thanks for the suggestion.

F: 17649
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support