Files gone after MOVE

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rgr

Files gone after MOVE

Post by rgr » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:49 pm

I need help to recover files that disappeared from Vault after a MOVE. These are my Vault versions:
[4/10/2014 11:38:15 AM] Version Check: This Vault Standard client is version 6.0.0.477
[4/10/2014 11:38:16 AM] Version Check: Your server is version 6.0.0.477

How this happened:
I have 3 folders that are siblings, say A, B, and C, and each of those folders contains one folder with source files, lets call them X, Y and Z. Many of those source files are shared across the X, Y and Z subfolders. I wanted to eliminate X, Y, and Z, and have the files directly under the sibling folders A, B, and C. I went to each subfolder, selected all the files, and MOVEd them to the parent without committing. Once I MOVEd the files in the 3 subfolders, I selected all the files in the pending change set and committed. BUT only one set of files, say from folder Z was moved successfully to C, while the other 2 sets of files just disappeared!!! They are nowhere to be found and were deleted from my hard drive!!!

HELP!!!

Beth

Re: Files gone after MOVE

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:48 pm

The actual action itself should be possible to perform.

I'll need to see some detailed history. Could you perform a Show History on the parent folder, then save the results and email me the results? You can send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth). Please include a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

rgr

Post by rgr » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi Beth, thanks for your reply. We just found the files in another directory in Vault (with the same names A and B--a fresh pair of eyes noticed the discrepancy in the history). It was embarrassingly a user error. We moved them now to their proper place.

Thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support