Files not showing in Vault client or VS2010

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

LostTheMarbles

Files not showing in Vault client or VS2010

Post by LostTheMarbles » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:11 am

We're currently running SourceGear Vault Standard version 6.0.0(477) along with the plugin for VS2010

I was working on my project in Visual Studio earlier and deleted a few files from the view (Not from the vault).

Later in the day I needed to shift over to something else so moved my working folder and retrieved the latest version of the application from the vault.

2 files are missing from the build, they don't show up in the vault client or in the VS plugin but they still show up as belonging to the project in VS.

These aren't the files I deleted from the project earlier but they do belong to the same project.

The files show up for other users of the Vault client, they're only missing for me.

They don't show up in the deleted files list when I go to the properties of the folder.

Any help please?

Beth

Re: Files not showing in Vault client or VS2010

Post by Beth » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 am

Check your pending changes window. Are the two missing files listed there? You might have a pending transaction on them that you need to undo.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

LostTheMarbles

Post by LostTheMarbles » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:58 am

There were no files in the pending change window.

It's almost as if the file had never existed even though it had been checked in months ago and changed since.

Logging into my computer this morning it seems like the cache has been cleared or invalidated, my login settings had been forgotten, working folders cleared and the users settings have been reset to default.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 am

Open your Vault GUI client and perform a Show History on the project folder. Can you see any transactions on the missing files in Vault?

One possibility is that someone deleted the files, but didn't allow the project file to update or they didn't check in the changed project file.

On your Vault cache, Vault wouldn't remove that stuff on its own. You can go to C:\users\your user name\appdata\local\temp\SourceGear and inspect what is there. Details about what you can expect to see can be found in this KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6.

Check your recycle bin, is there Vault cache files there?
Beth Kieler

LostTheMarbles

Post by LostTheMarbles » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 am

There's no trace of the file ever existing in the history of the folder.

It seems that the issue is caused by renaming a folder in VS (connected to the vault) but not committing them, Sourcegear vault seems to remember the change have occurred and hence loses track of the files.

I've deleted the cache and the issue is resolved.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 am

There's several factors in this I don't know yet for a solid conclusion, but I'm happy to hear you are back to a working state. If you run into something like this again, feel free to contact me (support at sourcegear.com).
Beth Kieler