Prevent users from deleting files.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

RogerG

Prevent users from deleting files.

Post by RogerG » Wed May 21, 2014 2:58 pm

I want to prevent a group from deleting files - they will still need to create/add as well as check in/out but I'm trying to stop them from deleting from the repository (don't care if they delete local copy).

I do know how to undelete but the (apparent) absence of the files is causing process flow problems in our lifecycle.

Can this be done (v 7.1 if that matters)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. - I'm a complete noob with Vault so I apologize if this is an easy question.

jclausius

Re: Prevent users from deleting files.

Post by jclausius » Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

The "delete" right is tied to the "add" right. If you have been assigned right to add something, you also have the right to delete it. This way mistakes can be undone.

A full description of current Vault security rights can be found here - http://download-us.sourcegear.com/misc/ ... ights.html

Other Vault documentation can be found here - http://download-us.sourcegear.com/misc/ ... ohelp.html
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

RogerG

Post by RogerG » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:44 am

Thank you Jeff, I was hoping there was some trick to get around having add/delete tied together. Appreciate the response.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:27 pm

I have a feature request open regarding making the security rights more granular, which would separate out each major action and assign a security right to it. I will add your "vote" to this feature.

F: 5201
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support