Wait timeout for mutex after 30000 milliseconds

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bboppel

Wait timeout for mutex after 30000 milliseconds

Post by bboppel » Mon May 26, 2014 5:52 am

I am getting the error "Wait timeout for mutex after 30000 milliseconds" when trying to connect to one of my repositories. We're running Vault Standard 7.1.0.2028.

Beth

Re: Wait timeout for mutex after 30000 milliseconds

Post by Beth » Mon May 26, 2014 11:31 am

Can you look in your Vault Server Log at around the same time that you had the mutex error? What error do you see there?

Are you able to connect to other repositories?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

bboppel

Post by bboppel » Wed May 28, 2014 6:49 am

The only entries in the Vault Server Log are my login/logout activity. I am able to connect to other repositories but discovered some inconsistent patterns.

After attempting to connect to the "issue" repository and getting the timeout error, I connected to another one successfully then immediately tried the "issue" repository again. On this second attempt it connected successfully.

I should point out that I'm using Red Gate's Source Control which is where I initially encountered the error. I can consistently make it timeout using this product.

After making the error happen in Source Control, I do get the timeout error again using the Vault client. I was able to finally connect successfully after exiting out of the Vault client then trying again.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed May 28, 2014 7:44 am

So that I can narrow down the issue, I'd like you to try the following.

1) Reboot your machine.
2) While your machine is busy rebooting, perform an IIS Reset on your Vault server by going to Start - Run and typing iisreset. Alternatively, you can recycle the VaultAppPool if you have other critical websites on the Vault server that can't go through a reset.
3) Once your machine is up, login with just the Vault Windows GUI client? Does the error happen in the Vault client if it is opened alone?

Does this tend to happen when a build is going on?

Do you have antivirus running? If so, is it scanning the Vault cache location? (C:\users\your user name\appdata\local\SourceGear) A mutex error can happen if something else is using the Vault cache files while you are logging in.

Does this happen on other machines?
Beth Kieler

bboppel

Post by bboppel » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:59 am

The error did not happen using the Vault client alone. However the error returns after using Red Gate's Source Control. Performing an iisreset corrects the issue until I use Source Control again.

No builds are being done when this happens. Anti-virus is running however I've turned it off during these tests
and am still getting the same error. Other machines are experiencing the same issue.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 am

Are you in contact with Red Gate as well? They wrote the integration to Vault.

If so, what did they say? Knowing that might help figure out what's happening.
Beth Kieler