SQL Server Management Studio 2008 - file listing

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rt1

SQL Server Management Studio 2008 - file listing

Post by rt1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi,

I have a SQL Server Server Management Studio project added to vault. But the file listed in the explorer view of the project is not sorted. Is there a way to list the files sorted. See attached image for details. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
RT
Attachments
sourcegear_ssmsproject.jpg
sourcegear_ssmsproject.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 9539 times

jclausius

Re: SQL Server Management Studio 2008 - file listing

Post by jclausius » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:20 am

The Vault integration piece doesn't do any primary sorting on the list, as the integration usually depends on the "View" application to present the data in any kind of order it wants (name, date, version, size, etc). You may want to post this question on some of the SSMS forums to see if they have any way to sort the list in the tree.

Also, do you happen to know if you're using the Vault Enhanced or Classic client within Visual Studio? I'll log a feature request to add a flag that can be set to signal the integrated clients to try a pre-sort before providing a list of files.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rt1

Post by rt1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

jclausius wrote:The Vault integration piece doesn't do any primary sorting on the list, as the integration usually depends on the "View" application to present the data in any kind of order it wants (name, date, version, size, etc). You may want to post this question on some of the SSMS forums to see if they have any way to sort the list in the tree.

Also, do you happen to know if you're using the Vault Enhanced or Classic client within Visual Studio? I'll log a feature request to add a flag that can be set to signal the integrated clients to try a pre-sort before providing a list of files.
I installed valult client on my desktop. Not i am assuming i have classic for within SQL Server Management Studio.

What is the difference between enhanced and classic client?

rt1

Post by rt1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

jclausius wrote:The Vault integration piece doesn't do any primary sorting on the list, as the integration usually depends on the "View" application to present the data in any kind of order it wants (name, date, version, size, etc). You may want to post this question on some of the SSMS forums to see if they have any way to sort the list in the tree.

I installed valult client on my desktop. So i am assuming i have classic for within SQL Server Management Studio.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:37 am

rt1 wrote:I installed valult client on my desktop. So i am assuming i have classic for within SQL Server Management Studio.

Both are installed with the Vault client. From within SSMS, go to Tools -> Options, and choose Source Control. What value do you see in the Current Source Control drop down combo box?

The Vault Enhanced Client offers a little better integration with all of the entire Vault feature set. The Classic client uses the Microsoft Source Code Control Integration API (MSSCCI), and offers just the basics for source control, a lowest common denominator if you will, for integration with Vault.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rt1

Post by rt1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:52 am

I see SourceGear Vault Standard Classis Client and I don't see any other option.
Attachments
6-11-2014 12-51-22 PM.jpg
6-11-2014 12-51-22 PM.jpg (77.52 KiB) Viewed 9535 times

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:41 pm

OK. I'll log something about this. In the meantime, if you hear something back from someone at the SSMS team, please let us know.

Thanks.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rt1

Post by rt1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:11 pm

Jeff,

The SSMS forums you are referring, is this forum wihin sourcegear forums or you talking other forums outside sourcegear?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:15 am

Since the question would be related to the actual features and coding of SSMS, I was referring to the MSDN SQL Server Forums
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear