Application Pool Identities Vault 7.1.2

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

louismccut

Application Pool Identities Vault 7.1.2

Post by louismccut » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:10 am

I recently installed 7.1.2 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 running SQL Server 2014. I was able to access the database through the Vault 7.1.2 client without any problem. This is a new server and as I continued to add various roles and features to it, Vault stopped working, giving a "503: Service Unavailable" message. I'm not sure when or what caused it, but probably had something to do with asp.net.

In reviewing the event logs, I saw the message the VaultAppPool was invalid, perhaps due to an incorrect user or a user that didn't have batch logon rights.

I changed the Identity for VaultAppPool to use the Local System account and was able to start it and once again regain access to the Vault Database.

All of which brings me to my questions. What should I use for identities of the various Vault Application Pools? Is this something that should be changed by modifying a group security policy instead?

Beth

Re: Application Pool Identities Vault 7.1.2

Post by Beth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm

The default identity is ApplicationPoolIdentity. There isn't necessarily a requirement that it run under a particular user, but whichever user that is being used has to have correct access to various folders.

Also, make sure that the application pool is set to use an Integrated Managed Pipeline Mode.

I've attached a screenshot of the defaults from a Windows 2012 machine.

If it continues to give you problems, just let me know.
application pools.JPG
application pools.JPG (26.72 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support