CruiseControl error

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mikaele

CruiseControl error

Post by mikaele » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:27 am

Hi,
I'm using Vault Standard, "Your Vault Standard server is version 7.1.0.2028" with CruiseControl.
Everything, source is retrieved properly with the cc.net plugin "Vault_CCNetPlugin.zip", and it has been working fine for years.

However, when I use the modificationWriter, I'm getting an error message.
This is what the configuration for the modification writer looks like:
<modificationWriter>
<filename>mods.xml</filename>
<path></path>
<appendTimeStamp>False</appendTimeStamp>
</modificationWriter>

Here is the error I get on our CruiseControl Server:
It looks like it refers to a VaultProModification which seems strange, as we are using Vault Standard. I have also downloaded the correct version of your cruisecontrol plugin, i.e. the standard version.
The error only occurs, when there actually is a modification on the server.

Error Message: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.VaultProModification was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterModificationArray.Write2_Modification(String n, String ns, Modification o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterModificationArray.Write3_ArrayOfModification(Object o)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Tasks.ModificationWriterTask.Execute(IIntegrationResult result)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Tasks.TaskBase.Run(IIntegrationResult result)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.RunTask(ITask task, IIntegrationResult result, Boolean isPublisher)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.RunTasks(IIntegrationResult result, IList tasksToRun, Dictionary`2 parameterValues)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.Run(IIntegrationResult result)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.Build(IIntegrationResult result)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)

Kind Regards,
Mikael

Beth

Re: CruiseControl error

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:36 am

Have you ever installed Vault Pro by accident? Check in the area where the Vault website is for a folder called VaultPro. If you installed to another location besides C:\inetpub\wwwroot, then check there and check under C:\inetpub\wwwroot for VaultPro. Delete that folder if you find it and then perform an IIS reset after. You can go to Start - Run and type iisreset. Users will be disconnected, so you may need to let them know so they don't have their uploads/downloads interrupted.

Let me know what you see.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

mikaele

Post by mikaele » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:03 am

Hi, I did have a vaultpro folder there, which I deleted, I then did a iisreset.

However, the problem still remains....but it seems you are on the right track here:)

After that, I upgraded to the latest version of Vault 7.2.1, but that did not help either.

Is there perhaps anything else I should remove?

Thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:08 pm

When Vault was installed, was it installed to the default location or was it installed to another location? If you're not sure, check in the IIS Manager for the location of the website (one level above vaultservice) and then the location of vaultservice. Do they match?

Is there any chance someone upgrade the Cruise Control plugin to Vault Pro instead of Standard?
Beth Kieler

mikaele

Post by mikaele » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:30 am

Hi,

I installed vault to the default location, c:\inetpub\wwwroot.
However, I installed it to a different website "source", the vaultservice is located as a vdir below the sourcecontrol website. The vaultservice physical path is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\
The physical directory of the source site is C:\inetpub\source

[+] source
[+] aspnet_client
[+] SgDav
[+] VaultIndexService
[+] VaultNotifyService
[+] VaultService
[+] VaultShadowFolder

I have checked the CruiseControl plugin, and is is for the Standard Version.

For testing purposes and to compare, I also installed Vault Standard on my local desktop PC, and I could see that there was a folder created at c:\inetpub\wwroot\VaultPro. I am 100% sure I'm installing Vault Standard. Not sure if this folder is always created, regardless of which version you install.

Kind Regards,
Mikael

mikaele

Post by mikaele » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:22 am

Hi,

I have done some more investigation and here is the debug log from Cruise Control. On the first line it says "Getting source from Vault Standard", but a couple of lines further down it suddenly says: VaultProVaultSourceControl.LabelSourceControl()

----
2014-10-10 13:15:22,841 [testconfig:INFO] Getting source from Vault Standard
2014-10-10 13:15:22,841 [testconfig:DEBUG] Getting version 51 of $/testdir to c:\DailyBuild\testdir\
2014-10-10 13:15:23,512 [testconfig:INFO] Fetched $/testdir/file1.txt
2014-10-10 13:15:23,527 [testconfig:DEBUG] Unloading Client tree information.
2014-10-10 13:15:23,558 [6:DEBUG] mikaele [mikaele] has been granted ViewConfiguration permission at the server
2014-10-10 13:15:24,042 [testconfig:DEBUG] Garbage collecting.
2014-10-10 13:15:24,338 [testconfig:DEBUG] In VaultProVaultSourceControl.LabelSourceControl()
2014-10-10 13:15:24,354 [testconfig:DEBUG] Successfully saved state for project testconfig. Last integrated folder version was 51. Last successfully integrated folder version was 51.
2014-10-10 13:15:24,494 [testconfig:INFO] Integration complete: Success - 2014-10-10 13:15:24
2014-10-10 13:15:29,330 [6:DEBUG] mikaele [mikaele] has been granted ViewConfiguration permission at the server

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:28 am

We're looking into this. I'll respond back when I know more.
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 am

We have a fix for this now. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com with a link to this forum thread? Then I'll provide it directly.
Beth Kieler

mikaele

Post by mikaele » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:58 am

Thank you!

Email sent

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:22 am

Thanks. Got the email and responded.

HS: 231846