search window no longer refreshes

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tdacon

search window no longer refreshes

Post by tdacon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Using the 7.2.1 (265) standard client on Windows Server 2008 R2, somehow recently my search results pane has stopped refreshing when I select any "search by" option except for Checked Out. What happens is that the status bar at the bottom of the page goes through Retrieving repository..., Working, then Searching for files..., and finally Ready, all after no more than a second or two, and whatever results were displayed for the last Checked Out search remain on the display.

UPDATE: A little further research, after I first posted this, seems to indicate that the problem occurs only when I've selected the root ($) folder. The search results pane properly refreshes if I select any other folder (of the ones I've tried, anyway).

I did an uninstall/reinstall on the Vault client, with no change to the behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Beth

Re: search window no longer refreshes

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Do you have the option "Lock onto this folder" selected?

What about the recursive option?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tdacon

Post by tdacon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Beth, I've got the recursive option checked, and lock onto this folder unchecked (I don't actually know what that last one does, and I've never had it checked).

Tom

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support