Notifications problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mark.duncan

Notifications problem

Post by mark.duncan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:48 am

We use Vault Std 6.1.0 and have recently enabled the Notifications service. However, no matter how limited a set of watched paths is chosen for notifications, all users who have enabled email notifications get informed about changes to any path in the repository.

Is this a known bug, possibly addressed in a later version, or is there a configuration step I've perhaps missed?

Thanks

Mark

Beth

Re: Notifications problem

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:58 am

In the notifications there are two tabs. One is for watching a path, and the other is watching only for particular actions. Any actions checked are watches across all repositories and paths despite the watched paths settings. When you watch a path, it watches for all actions that specifically modify code in that path, no matter what actions options are picked in the other tab. The two tabs are not filters for each other.

Try unchecking all the actions and just have your paths and let me know your results.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

mark.duncan

Post by mark.duncan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:28 am

Aha - that'll be the big red block of text on the Source Code Control Events tab that I somehow missed. Thanks for the prompt reply, it works now.

Mark

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear it's working for you.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support