Shared folders out of sync

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

trevorloflin

Shared folders out of sync

Post by trevorloflin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi, I have a project with many shared folders (20+). I recently found that some change I made caused these folders to get out of sync. Specifically, some file version numbers are higher in one of the shared folders than in the other(s), and file contents also show respective changes. Attempting to modify these files results in errors in both the folders with lower ("transaction failed: You must merge...") and higher ("A database error has occurred (FailDBInsert)") version numbers. I have confirmed that deleting one of the shared folders and re-sharing fixes the issue. As far as I'm aware, only shared folders have this issue: individual shared files were not affected.

However, manually recreating all my shared folders is a fair amount of work. Is there any way to automatically re-share or re-validate currently shared folders? I only have access to the Vault client, not the server. Additionally, any ideas on what could have caused these folders to get out of sync?

Beth

Re: Shared folders out of sync

Post by Beth » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 am

What version of Vault are you using?

Are any of the shared folders pinned?

Are any of the individual files in those folders pinned?

Can you send me a screenshot showing the issue? You can send that to support at sourcegear.com, and please include a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

trevorloflin

Post by trevorloflin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:13 am

Sorry, I'm using the Vault 5.1.2 Client. None of the shared folders are pinned, though they may have been in the past. Nor are any of the files in those folders (in fact nothing in the repository is pinned).

The problem has also progressed: I was previously able to fix the issue by deleting the shared folders and re-adding them to Vault, but now I get errors similar to the ones I get when committing file changes.

I'll send you some screenshots.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:59 pm

We'll probably need to take this offline. Don't try anything special with it. Re-adding stuff again isn't a good solution and may just cause more problems. I'll respond to your email.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support