Auditor requested query

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

behold

Auditor requested query

Post by behold » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 am

Our internal auditors have requested data that will show them the userid of the person that checked files in. I have looked in the sgVault database and cannot find the table or tables that will return the requested data. Is a SQL query showing the requested information possible and if so, what is it?

SourceSafe version 5.1.2
SQL Server 2008

Thank you
Brian

Beth

Re: Auditor requested query

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:33 am

Are they looking for a particular check in or all check ins?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

behold

Post by behold » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 pm

I believe since they didn't specify, they want all check-ins. I would like to know how to get both.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:24 pm

There are a couple of features already in place that should give you what you need without needing to use SQL queries.

You can perform a Show History on $ in a repository. In the window that opens, you have various filter option. If you only want check ins, instead of renames, moves, and so on, then click on Actions and uncheck all except check in. You can then also save the results as a .csv file is you need to show it in some other format.

Another place to see just recent check ins is in the Vault web client. Just go to the Source Control tab and click on Checkins.

If either of these don't provide you with what you need, then can you provide a few more details?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support