Poor documentation of 8.0.1.299 release

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mvandyke

Poor documentation of 8.0.1.299 release

Post by mvandyke » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:43 pm

SourceGear fixed a bug in version 8.0.1.299 that was introduced in Vault Client 8. That was much appreciated. What I have a problem with is that I lost a day trying to find the cause. I knew it had something to do with upgrading to SourceGear 8 but there is no useful information returned in any search that I could think of for the last day.

I quickly determined that there was an issue with XML that was being output from the Vault Client Command Line "History" command. However, I could not find any way to work around this no matter how hard I searched. It is frustrating and somewhere, whoever found or fixed this bug should have put something in this forum or some other online presence! So, after-the-fact, here goes:

The output does not contain the expected <vault> element: <vault>
<history>
<item txid="64456" date="05/02/2015 11:05:58 AM" name="SomeSourceFile.cs" type="60" typeName="CheckIn" version="38" objverid="841462" user="SomeUser" actionString="Checked In" />
<bugsreferenced />
<result>
<success>True</success>
</result>
</history>

If you experience this issue, upgrade to Vault Client 8.0.1.299 or later!

Beth

Re: Poor documentation of 8.0.1.299 release

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Currently the only information is in our release notes.

You can find the Release announcements here - Release Announcements or Vault Product Release Notes

Note, the Vault Professional and Vault Standard 8.0.1 Forum Announcements will have a link to the specific version of release notes mentioning the HISTORY command issue.

I'm not sure why an internet search is not finding the page, but, I'll get the notes in the forum as well. Thank you for your post.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support