Removing an entire (large) repo

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

RonGRusk

Removing an entire (large) repo

Post by RonGRusk » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:47 am

Our company is using Vault 7.0.0.548, and we want to retire an old Repository which is huge! Obliterate is going to take weeks, and not a very effective use of some resources time (mine). I noticed a comment in an old blog about the ability to just delete the repo, but that doesn't seem to be an option in our admin console. I really need help with this. Can you provide a script to just remove an existing repo...we already have it archived in it's current state.

Please Help

Beth

Re: Removing an entire (large) repo

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:01 pm

To remove the repository, go to the Vault admin web page. Click on Source Control Repositories in the left panel. You will then see a list in the right-side pane. Scroll right and you should see the Delete option with a red x. Deleting a large repository may take a while.

Make sure you have a good database backup prior to your delete. Once a repository is deleted, it cannot be recovered with Vault.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

RonGRusk

Post by RonGRusk » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Sorry, that's why I Posted the message.... The red "X" you refer to is not on my screen. I am using a 1920X1080 screen maximized to full screen. There is no Scrollbar, and no red "X" that you refer to. I am an "Assigned" admin. Does that make a difference?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:52 am

Which browser and browser version are you using? Older versions of IE are not supported and are a problem.

Can you try another browser?
Beth Kieler

RonGRusk

Post by RonGRusk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:06 pm

I found if I used a "Admin" account that wasn't assigned, I could eventually find that screen. Repo Deleted, Thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Thank you for the update. You are correct that only a global administrator can delete repositories.
Beth Kieler