Client locks up while trying to connect to a repository

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

iain.waddell

Client locks up while trying to connect to a repository

Post by iain.waddell » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 am

I'm using Vault Standard client (v8.0.1 (299)) and this morning I've spent several hours trying to connect to a specific repository.

I can connect to the other repositories but when I try to connect to the "development" repository the client stops responding.

I've rebooted my machine, uninstalled and reinstalled the client software, cleared the Vault cache and rebooted the Vault Standard server, all to no effect. My colleagues can access the repository, it just seems to be my machine.

I've attached a client log. The Vault client connects to the two working repositories and the stops logging while connecting to the "development" repository.

Any assistance with this problem would be appreciated as I've run out of ideas on how to fix this.

Iain
Attachments
VaultClient.zip
Vault client log
(40.22 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

Beth

Re: Client locks up while trying to connect to a repository

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Most likely something has stopped the client cache from getting the data it needed at one time, so now it's having some problems.

Use the article here, http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513, to reset your cache. If you access a lot of repositories, I'd recommend using the SQL Query in the article to get your repository GUID so that you only focus on the one repository, and you can keep the cachemember_workingfolderassignments.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

iain.waddell

Post by iain.waddell » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Beth,

Thanks very much.

I deleted the repository folder cache and it's working again.

Iain

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Thank you for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support