Commit changes with files removed from local checkout

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

astien

Commit changes with files removed from local checkout

Post by astien » Thu May 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi experts,

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious here, but I've to transfer a large amount of source code into our corporate sourcegear repository (v.7.1). I've done an initial import, checked in and created a label.

I've then checked out to local disk and modified the files locally on disk and removed some files and folders.

Now when checking in - the 'Pending Change Set' shows Type = 'Checked out Missing' for every file removed.

Is there a way to commit the changes in bulk and tell sourcegear that it's ok that these files are removed - I wish to have them removed from the repository? Right now, I'm having to browse to each file in the repository view and delete them - but there are more and more changes made on the file-system first that I need to reflect in the repository.

Beth

Re: Commit changes with files removed from local checkout

Post by Beth » Thu May 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Do you want the files you removed on disk from Vault, or do you just want them ignored? If you want the files deleted from Vault, then you have to perform a Delete action in Vault instead of a check out. If you delete the files from inside Vault, then you shouldn't have to delete them on disk as well.

Or you can check in, the select all the files that won't check in due to Missing, Undo check out on them as a group, and then delete them from Vault.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

astien

Re: Commit changes with files removed from local checkout

Post by astien » Fri May 15, 2015 7:59 am

Thanks for the response,
Do you want the files you removed on disk from Vault, or do you just want them ignored
So for the files that were in the vault but are no longer on disk it sounds like I would have to perform an action on each of the "checked out but missing" files. I need to look for which files no longer exist on disk - locate them in the tree in the vault and remove them by deleting them individually.

The problem here is that sourcegear is used only to retain the code-base, but it's actually manipulated outside sourcegear in my development environment which cannot connect to the internal corporate sourcegear repository. The changes often include removing files / folders between builds.

So each time I want to commit changes, I need to manually select new folders and add them, then locate individual files and delete them to keep it in sync. That's a little error prone but I guess it will have to do.

Thanks again for the advice.