GETLABEL Does not create empty directories

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ejhansen71

GETLABEL Does not create empty directories

Post by ejhansen71 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Beth -

Using Vault Standard, we right click on a folder and set a label for it (which then recursively labels everything it contains.) On our promotion process, we log into the server the data is to go to and run this plink command

plink -P %port% %username%@%vault_app% "GETLABEL -repository \"%strRepository%\" \"%strRepPath%\" \"%strLblPrefix%%label_name%\" -setfiletime modification -nonworkingfolder \"%PROMOTE_DIR%\" -verbose " > %labeledfiles%

I know its a lot of variables, but it has worked wonderfully for the most part. What we found, however, is that if the folder that was labeled contains a folder underneath it that does not have any files in it, the GETLABEL function ignores it.

Am I missing a flag or is this expected? We have reasons for empty folders in Vault and in our filesystem and don't want to create them manually.

Vault creates the folders if we right click and choose "Get Latest", so I know vault does work well with empty folders in some cases.

I'll be happy to provide you with any information you need to resolve the matter. If this is expected - and not a bug or mistake, then we would ask that the functionality be added to the GETLABEL function.

Thanks -

Eric
Thanks!

Eric

Beth

Re: GETLABEL Does not create empty directories

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:00 pm

That is the same actions that the Vault GUI client would take as well. It's not specific to the CLC.

I will log a request for the developers to review.

F: 18142
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support