Vault API's

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

behold

Vault API's

Post by behold » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:44 am

We have several in-house applications that interface with Vault using Vault API's. We are currently on Vault version 5.1.2. We recently purchased Vault 8.0.1. Are there any changes to the Vault API's between version 5.1.2 and version 8.0.1?

jclausius

Re: Vault API's

Post by jclausius » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 pm

There was a minor change in Vault 6, where the ClientInstance had a member that was not meant to be public switched to a private member. It would be hard to say if that change affects any apps, not having the code.

Suggestion would be to download Vault 8 API, change references in your app projects to the new DLLs, and recompile. If it builds, I'm pretty sure everything should work as before.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

behold

Post by behold » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:50 pm

Maybe this is what you are referring to. This line of code is no longer valid.

Public gVaultObj As New VaultProcessCollection.VaultProcs

What has VaultProcessCollection.VaultProcs been replaced with?

Thank you.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52 am

No. I'm referring to changes in VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.ClientInstance (removed), as well ass VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.client, which is now read-only.

I do not see VaultProcessCollection.VaultProcs in any namespace in the Vault 5.x branch. Is this for the .NET client API or the Java based API? What is the full namespace for the class you are looking at?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

behold

Post by behold » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:36 am

I have a reference to VaultProcessCollection.dll. It is version 1.0.0.0. I am assuming that I downloaded it from SourceGear once upon a time.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:11 am

That is not a binary file related to any of our official releases. Can you determine the origins of the file? A 3rd party, perhaps?

If you want to investigate further, you could email the file (reference this post and send to 'support AT sourcegear DOT com') and I'll take a look at what the library may be doing. However, on the surface, this would not be a library used in any official release of Vault.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear