Cannot install server

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

scoman81

Cannot install server

Post by scoman81 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:37 am

I have burned a significant number of hours trying to set up a dedicated Vault server, and simply cannot get the Vault installer to even run. The message I get is: ASP.NET must be enabled for the Vault Standard Server 64-bit to work.

More info: http://i.imgur.com/0vNUtZB.png

- Vault, SQL Server, IIS, and ASP.NET were are downloaded today, and are the latest versions.
- OS is Windows 7 Professional
- IIS 7.5
- .NET 4.5.1 (see registry in image - IIS displays "4.0")
- SQL Server Express 2014

I have installed and re-installed .NET 10 times or more, verified given every method I could find on the internet that 4.5.1 is actually installed, made sure that IIS sees .NET, and yet the Vault installer will not run. Both the 64 and 32 bit versions give the same message.

I have searched these forums also, and found the command lines to install .NET 2.0 also, and I've done that.

Is there anything else I can try before giving up?

Thanks,
Dave

Beth

Re: Cannot install server

Post by Beth » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:45 am

In the "Turn Windows features on or off" window, expand Internet Information Service - World Wide Web Services - Application Development Services. In there click on Asp.net and click OK. It will automatically add a few other items, and that's ok. Once that is added you should be able to install. Let me know your results.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

scoman81

Post by scoman81 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:05 am

Beth wrote:In the "Turn Windows features on or off" window...
Beth, thank you! This solved the problem and I was able to install.

Just a note for anyone else that might run into this: be sure to drill down into the Application Development Services in order to turn on ASP.NET - checking the parent node doesn't enable ASP.NET by default.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support