Add to Vault is disabled

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ptansey

Add to Vault is disabled

Post by ptansey » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:31 pm

I created a new Solution and Project, then added three other projects that were already in my Vault.
I'd like to add the new Solution/Project to the Vault.

I select the Solution or Project, then choose File | Vault Source Control and the Add to Vault menu item is disabled.
I've tinkered with the Change Bindings dialog but of course there's nothing to bind to since the project/solution is new.

I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate (Update 5) and my Vault Standard server/client is version 7.2.1.265

Beth

Re: Add to Vault is disabled

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:59 pm

In the VS Tools - Options - Source Control - plug ins which client do you have selected?

Were any of the projects or the solution already in Vault anywhere?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ptansey

Post by ptansey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:19 am

Sorry for the delay, Beth. I was waiting for an email advising me someone replied. I now see a "notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox that was OFF as I type this reply. Guess I missed it the first time?

Anyhow, the source control plug-in is SourceGear Vault Standard Visual Studio Enhanced Client.

And yes, as I indicated in my initial post, there are projects in the solution that were already in the vault.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:59 pm

The projects you added from Vault might already having bindings.

Do you want the projects you added to the solution added a second time to Vault, but in a different location? Or, do you want the solution added and for there to be a link to the original location?

I can get you fixed, but just need to know exactly how you want this to look in the end so that I give you the best instructions.
Beth Kieler

ptansey

Post by ptansey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:32 pm

I don't want the projects to be re-added to the vault.
I was initially thinking I wanted the new solution and project to be added to the vault, and have the other projects' bindings stay as is.
I'm "teachable", though. If I'm making this more complicated than I need to I'm okay learning a better way.

When I created the new Solution and Project, I added the other existing (bound) projects by choosing "Add Existing Project" from Visual Studio and browsing to the sourcecode on my drive. I didn't involve the vault in the process. I expect that might help explain how I got here.

Anyhow, thanks for taking time on this, Beth. :)

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:10 pm

The way to do this then is to create a new blank solution, add that solution to Vault, and then add your existing projects to it.

Since you've already started, you can just remove the projects that are already in Vault, add what remains to Vault, and then add the existing projects back into the solution.

If you're having any problems with this, feel free to call support and I can walk you through it.
Beth Kieler

ptansey

Post by ptansey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Bingo! That did it. Almost obvious in hindsight.

Beth, you've been very helpful over the years. Thank you so so much. :D

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:03 pm

You're welcome. Happy to hear it's working for you.
Beth Kieler