Can't connect using Java CLC

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ajj3085

Re: Can't connect using Java CLC

Post by ajj3085 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 am

Beth wrote:To summarize, it looks like it's been established that
--You can use the Vault Java CLC from the machine with TeamCity separately with no issue.
--You can use the Vault Java CLC against our demo server.
--The correct Vault Java CLC DLLs have been dropped into the same location as the old Vault Java CLC DLLs.

Since the error says there could be a protocol conflict, I still think it's possible that the DLLs are either the wrong version or not in the right place.

Has TeamCity been notified? Do they have any additional instructions for when upgrading the SCC provider? I think they need to be in on this as well.
The first point is incorrect; I can't use the Java CLC from the TeamCity machine outside of TeamCity either. I can use the browser on that machine to get to the Vault web, but not the CLC client.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Could you test against your server on your machine not using SSL once? Try once with just the Java CLC first.

Does the Java CLC outside of Teamcity work from another machine using SSL?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Beth wrote:Could you test against your server on your machine not using SSL once? Try once with just the Java CLC first.

Does the Java CLC outside of Teamcity work from another machine using SSL?
Hi Beth, sorry it's been a while, but I finally got back to this. The TeamCity build agent was also not connecting, so on a hunch I installed the latest Java version (Java 8, I was on Java 7) and that allowed the build agent to connect. I tried the VaultCLC again (which also runs on Java) and it now works as well.

I suspect the reason was SSL/TLS versions and / or cyphers. I think the non-SSL didn't work either as it was hitting our firewall, which doesn't allow port 80. Hope this helps someone else.