Vault Shadow Folder Setup (Vault Standard 9.1)

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

CTNetTeam

Vault Shadow Folder Setup (Vault Standard 9.1)

Post by CTNetTeam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:47 am

I installed vault standard server on server and able to successfully upgrade from 3.5 to 9.1 Server. Able to access repository with no issues. All users and their credentials are successfully included into the upgraded.

I'm new the vault web admin client and I'm having hard time to find document about Vault Shadow Folder setup. In old version 3.5 vault admin client, I have option to setup Shadow folder but, in web client for 9.1 I don't see any option and not finding that option anywhere in the client.

Does anyone know how to setup Shadow folder services and working folder in Vault Standard Server 9.1 ?

Beth

Re: Vault Shadow Folder Setup (Vault Standard 9.1)

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Go to the Vault admin web page (http://<your Vault server>/vaultservice/admin) and expand the Source Code Repositories link on the left. Then expand the repository name for the one you wish to have a shadow folder. Under the name will be a link called Shadow Folder.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

CTNetTeam

Post by CTNetTeam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Beth wrote:Go to the Vault admin web page (http://<your Vault server>/vaultservice/admin) and expand the Source Code Repositories link on the left. Then expand the repository name for the one you wish to have a shadow folder. Under the name will be a link called Shadow Folder.

Thank you!

I added a local folder and setup to sync with repository. After a while it copied entire directory structure of the repository that I selected to shadow it but, files are not at all copied. I waited long enough but, still no files at all.

Any reason why files are not copied ?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:19 am

On your Vault server under C:\Windows\temp will be a few folders of logs. Look in the sgvault folder and the sgshadowfolder for the log files. They may have errors posted on those items. Can you post errors that correspond with the timing of the shadow folders attempting to copy?
Beth Kieler

CTNetTeam

Post by CTNetTeam » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:45 am

This is the error I'm getting when I click on "Shadow Folders" under repository.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.IO.IOException: Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value) at VaultLib.LocalSettingsCore.SetSettingValue(String key, String value) at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.LoadDefaultLocalOptions() at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Init(AccessLevelType accessLevel, String localStoreBasePath) at VaultShadowFolder.VaultShadowFolderService.TestServerConnection(Guid guidSecurityToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:04 pm

All the times I have seen that error the users resolved with a reboot. I'm not sure why...possibly related to this article: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/distri ... -logs-off/.
Beth Kieler