Vault 7.2.1 Std: Cloaked Folders/Files show up search result

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

chetanvk

Vault 7.2.1 Std: Cloaked Folders/Files show up search result

Post by chetanvk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 am

I have SourceGear Vault 7.2.1 Standard installation. I cloaked a few folders, I do the history search on them, but I can still see the files from these folders as they meet the history search criteria. I cloaked these folders... the search should skip these folders/files right... what am I doing wrong here??

Beth

Re: Vault 7.2.1 Std: Cloaked Folders/Files show up search re

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 am

The types of actions ignored are Get and Check Out. The only way to filter items in History is to use the History Filter window that first comes up when you perform a Show History. If that window doesn't show then you have the Hide option checked, and you'll need to hold down your shift key while selecting Show History.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

chetanvk

Post by chetanvk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Ok more specific...
When we were on Vault Std 3.1.9 this code worked fine... it works fine now (Vault 7.2.1 Std) too.. only thing is it is getting files from cloaked folder too.. what other property or option to set which will filter out any cloaked folders/files

VaultLib.VaultHistoryQueryRequest req = new VaultLib.VaultHistoryQueryRequest();
Setting up the begin date and end date
req.SubstringType = VaultLib.VaultQueryRequestSubstrings.DoNotFilter;
req.IsFolder = true;
req.Recursive = true;
req.Type = Vault;

req.DateFilterType = VaultQueryRequestDateTypes.IncludePastDays;
req.DateFilterMask = VaultQueryRequestDates.HistoryBefore | VaultQueryRequestDates.HistoryAfter;
req.EndDate = VaultLib.VaultDateTime.Now; // DateTime.Now;
req.BeginDate = VaultLib.VaultDateTime.Now.AddDays(-5000); // DateTime.Now.AddYears(-5);
req.Recursive = true;

string token = String.Empty;
int rowsRetrieved = 0;
VaultLib.VaultHistoryItem[] itemsTemp = new VaultLib.VaultHistoryItem[1];
ArrayList items = new ArrayList();

ClientInstanceUser.Connection.HistoryBegin(req, 1001, ref rowsRetrieved, ref token);

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:40 am

I ran some tests yesterday with the Vault 3.1.9 client, and it doesn't filter out cloaked items in history. The lead developer said that there is nothing in the old code performing a filter in the history on cloaked items.

In addition, Vault history is a server-side function, whereas cloaking is per individual client. The Vault history from the server is going to return everything.
Beth Kieler

chetanvk

Post by chetanvk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:32 am

Thanks a lot for clearing that up... probably never noticed it since it never failed. I have a 1000 record history limit set in my code. It started failing when i switched to 7.2.1... i think it is just coincidence. Any ideas-suggestions that will make the code not look through the cloaked folders?? i understand that the code that i have right now is server side and the cloaking is done through client side for that user. So any ideas for code.

Also when i use the vault client and do the get history, giving dates as the parameters, it still gets me files from the cloaked folders... why. It should not... it did not for 3.1.9 client i know that for sure.

Really appreciate all the help that i am receiving. Thanks a lot.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 pm

What you might try is Folder Security and remove the rights to the cloaked folders for the user login used for the code.

Is the code running on a different machine than it did with Vault 3.1.9, and is a client installed on the same machine?

For what purpose is the API code being used?
Beth Kieler