Vault not showing up as a "Installed SCC system"

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

enicolson

Vault not showing up as a "Installed SCC system"

Post by enicolson » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:06 pm

We have an older application that supports SCC integration and works with SourceOffSite 4.2.x (yes this is an ancient version).
I am attempting to use this application with the latest version of Vault. The application allows me to select a "Source Code Control (SCC) system". The drop down list of choices for "Installed SCC system(s):" shows "SourceGear SourceOffSite", but it does not give a choice for Vault. I have installed and tested the Vault 9 client.

Does Vault provide an old style SCC interface?
Does the Vault client register itself as a SCC system?
Do I need to uninstall SourceOffSite?

Beth

Re: Vault not showing up as a "Installed SCC system"

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:21 am

Whether Vault will work or not with the program that worked with SourceOffSite depends on how SOS was accessed. If your other program uses Microsoft's MSSCCI interface, then there is a good chance that Vault will work with it. If the programmers of the other system wrote some other type of integration, then it won't.

You don't need to uninstall SourceOffSite.

A list of things you can try can be found in this KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=15034. In particular look at your registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 am

You might also try running Vault GUI with Admin privileges and setting 'Make Vault your default SCC Provider' in the Vault Tools - Options - General.
Beth Kieler

enicolson

Post by enicolson » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Turns out I had to rename a registry key name, but not the value.

I changed reg key name:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders\SourceGear Vault Classic Client
to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders\SourceGear Vault

and then I get an option to select "SourceGear Vault" as a SCC system.

It seems that the IDE that I am using can not handle the longer name
"SourceGear Vault Classic Client"

I will continue testing to see if anything else comes up. If we proceed with this solution I will need to instruct users to modify the registry key name.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Thank you for the update. Would you be willing to list your system so that other users of the same system can find this thread?
Beth Kieler