DIFF/MERGE and the Modification Date

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ejhansen71

DIFF/MERGE and the Modification Date

Post by ejhansen71 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:52 am

We are using Beyond Compare as our comparison tool. We right click on the directory, select Show Differences... and the tool does a great job showing the diffs between the files using:

Code: Select all

"%LEFT_PATH%" "%RIGHT_PATH%" /ro /title1="%LEFT_LABEL%" /title2="%RIGHT_LABEL%" 
The problem is that the Temp files/location Vault uses contains all the files and folders with the current date/time instead of the modified time.

Is there any way to get Vault to use the modified date/time instead of the current when using DIFF with BeyondCompare?

The workaround is to do a GetLatest to a separate folder using the modification date. But if there is a flag I can set to make it happen automatically, it would be better.

Thanks - Eric
Thanks!

Eric

Beth

Re: DIFF/MERGE and the Modification Date

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:39 pm

The only way I know of for using a different date is the way you already mentioned, which was to Get and use modification date instead.

I could put in a feature request.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ejhansen71

Post by ejhansen71 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Ok. I'll use the GET.

Please put in a feature request. It's not normally a big deal since I am usually just comparing the contents of 2 files. But when doing a Folder Compare, it matters.

Thanks!
Thanks!

Eric

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks. I have added the request. I'm unsure of the feasibility, but the developers would be able to determine that when they review it.

F: 19634
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support