Can't checkin files with Unix client in January

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

lbauer

Can't checkin files with Unix client in January

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:29 pm

If you are unable to checkin files during the month of January, you've run into an SOS date bug in the Unix client.

This is known bug that has been in the SOS Unix client for several months but was activated in the month of January.

The bug causes the Unix client to send dates to the server which are one month earlier than the actual date. That makes January month #00 which is an invalid date. This bug does not affect Windows clients.

We have fixed this problem and have updated the Unix downloads for SOS 4.1 (this is a free upgrade from 4.0.2). Download new copies of your Unix clients, or contact SourceGear support for the Unix client code so you can build your own:

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/downloads.html

We have not re-labeled the download, but the 4.1 Unix clients are actually version 4.1.1

To verify you are encountering this bug, check the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory. It should report the following error:

05.01.2005 19:42:37 - Exception in CalendarFromDateString(): Specified
argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an
unrepresentable DateTime.
05.01.2005 19:42:37 - 4: Exception: Specified argument was out of the
range of valid values.
Parameter name: Not a valid Win32 FileTime.

Unix clients that are not updated will work again in February, but the file dates will be reported as being one month earlier. 4.x clients that have not been updated to 4.1.1 will encounter checkin problems again the end of March (March 30 will be passed to the server as Feb. 30, which does not exist.) and similar dates.
Last edited by lbauer on Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

fabrice aeschbacher

Post by fabrice aeschbacher » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:00 am

Hi,

We are using SourceOffsite on RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0. We tried updating the sos client (v4.1), but this leads to dependencies problems. The rpm just cannot be installed without updating the libstdc++, which we do not want to do.

For testing, we installed the debian package on a debian box (the fix works indeed), and then copied the 'sos' executable file (and some required shared libraries) to our RH computer. The problem is now that the new 'sos' requires libgtk2.4, and the installed one is libgtk2.2.

We would like to have a version that can be installed on the official RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 (not Fedora). Could you build the RPM for this distribution?

Another solution would be that you send us the source RPM (of the linux client), so that we can build the package on our RH.

Best regards,
Fabrice Aeschbacher
Siemens Building Technologies
mailto:fabrice.aeschbacher@siemens.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:32 pm

We sent the client code to this user so they can compile their own.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

nemo

Post by nemo » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:31 am

lbauer wrote:We sent the client code to this user so they can compile their own.
You also sent me the client code once, and I appreciate it.
I was wondering. Would you mind putting the client code on the official download site?
I'd worked up an ebuild, but it really would need an official target.

See:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=82015

nemo

Hello?

Post by nemo » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:19 pm

Given the older (and presumably buggy) version of the is available as:
ftp://ftp.sourcegear.com/pub/products/s ... 0.0.tar.gz

is there any reason why you would object to adding the latest update?

Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:54 pm

We prefer users contact us for the code. This is not open source and is subject to our licensing agreement.

The 4.0 version is buggy -- it reports file dates incorrectly and won't work in the month of January.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

nemo

Post by nemo » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:35 pm

Well, I understand that it is not free software.
But it does seem to be software for which you have an existing source-based distribution (tar.gz) linked in your forums and existing on your ftp site, which was why I was hopeful to be able to create a Gentoo ebuild pointing at an updated version of this source.
After all, making the client source available is not equivalent to, say, GPLing it. It merely simplifies the client distribution process for users of unusual operating systems, which I presume is a reasonable fraction of those licensing the server.
But I understand if you don't want this and won't press. I can close the enhancement listed above as WONTFIX.