Get Latest Version isn't

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

eselje

Get Latest Version isn't

Post by eselje » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:31 am

Using the Vault client 1.2.3, I want to update all of my local files on a project that I haven't worked on in a while. I highlight the main folder in the project, confirm the working directory is fine, and choose Get Latest Version...

For each file in the project, I get an UnauthorizedAccessException. It looks like it's trying to put it in the right place, and the files aren't read-only. If I remove all the files locally and then do it, it works fine.

What's up?

Thanks!

dan

Post by dan » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:02 am

Did the messages pane have anything more helpful than UnauthorizedAccessException?

I would guess this means the client could not write the file for some reason, which is why when you deleted the files (or changed working folders), that it would then work. Are the files part of a web project that was in-use by an application?

eselje

Example

Post by eselje » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:19 am

Here's an example of one. They all look like this:
Local file update for $/JAMS2000/Scripts/temp.FXP failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "K:\Develop\Projects\Jams2000\Scripts\temp.FXP" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, DateTime dt, Boolean noBackups)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, DateTime dt)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

The path is fine, and it actually does work for a couple of the files. If it helps, the ones it doesn't work on also show an unknown for local file status.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:25 am

If you manually tried to copy a file over one of the files that failed, would it work? If Vault can't overwrite the file, I'd be surprised if another process could.

eselje

Manual copy

Post by eselje » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:43 am

I am able to overwrite the file(s) with Explorer, as well as move them and delete them.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:18 am

Are you continuing to get this error after a successful Get (on subsequent Gets)?

Is the working folder a local hard disk, or network drive?