Excluding certain file types from the Add Files dialog

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Samuel Jack

Post by Samuel Jack » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:11 am

I was wondering: is it possible to exclude certain file types from the Add Files dialog? For instance, it is not advisable to add files of type *.csproj.user to source control, and it would be nice if these didn't appear in the Add Files dialog.

If this is not currently possible, could I request it?

Thanks, Sam

dan

Post by dan » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:23 pm

This has been on our todo list for awhile, but didn't make it in 2.0. We'll add your name to the ever-growing list of people who have requested it :)

donkiely

Post by donkiely » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:41 am

Add my name too!!! :lol:

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:49 pm

Count me as another vote for this feature. In fact, it would be nice if the Admin user could set it so that certain file types can't be checked in; this would remove one of the last remaining excuses that people use to justify using IDE integration, namely that it "knows" which files to check-in.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:59 am

DarrenS wrote:Count me as another vote for this feature. In fact, it would be nice if the Admin user could set it so that certain file types can't be checked in; this would remove one of the last remaining excuses that people use to justify using IDE integration, namely that it "knows" which files to check-in.
Will do...