Bidrectional edit & file operations (folder diff) Reques

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

odonline

Bidrectional edit & file operations (folder diff) Reques

Post by odonline » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:48 am

I'm using the tool on Linux and love it's standalone (ie no Gnome/KDE dependencies). Being spoiled by using Beyond Compare in Windows I'm missing a few features:

1. File merge dialog assumes one direction (left to right). This means one has to remember to always select first file/folder as the reference and second as the target. It should allow both ways (ie click on the left side and say replace with Right, Paste should work etc.)
2. While in File Diff viewer it's very useful to be able to delete files and copy in both direction.
3. While in File merge dialog when a single line is selected would be nice to display the two version (left, right) at the bottom one below each other. It's especially useful for long lines that would not fit in half screen.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
OD

jeffhostetler

Thanks for the feedback.

Post by jeffhostetler » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:06 am

Thanks for the comments.

We've had several requests for each of the features that you've listed. We're considering each of them for the next major release. I can't promise anything right now, but they are being considered.

Thanks again for the comments.
j

kenorb

Re: Bidrectional edit & file operations (folder diff) Reques

Post by kenorb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 am

odonline wrote: 1. File merge dialog assumes one direction (left to right). This means one has to remember to always select first file/folder as the reference and second as the target. It should allow both ways (ie click on the left side and say replace with Right, Paste should work etc.)
OD
I'm after "Replace with Right" feature.
I've upgraded from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2 to see if it was fixed already, but it's not.
Most of the Diff tools support that (such as Meld, opendiff, etc.).
Last edited by kenorb on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffhostetler

Re: Bidrectional edit & file operations (folder diff) Reques

Post by jeffhostetler » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 am

Correct, DiffMerge still only allow editing in the right panel (and in the middle panel of a merge window).
This is only my list, but hasn't made it to the top yet.

Sorry,
jeff