CRC mismatch after applying delta

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mweaver

CRC mismatch after applying delta

Post by mweaver » Fri May 21, 2004 8:43 pm

Any ideas on how to fix the error message below? This particular file is having a problem. I used the Vault Client Diagnostics tool and, sure enough, one of the CRCs for this file failed.

What do I need to do to fix this?

------------------------------
[5/21/2004 8:41:49 PM] Local file update for $/EarthSoft/Interfaces/RockWorks/Interfaces.RockWorks.vbproj failed: VaultClientOperationsLib.VCDiffException: CRC mismatch after applying delta (server CRC: 1392606595, computed CRC: 21825259)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileContentsFromDelta(VaultClientFile file, String deltaFile, Int64 baseVersion, Int64 targetVersion, UInt32 targetCRC)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 25, 2004 10:35 am

Could you send me a copy of your sgvault.log file from the Vault Server machine? It's in %windir%\temp\sgvault. I'd like to check for possible server side errors before we go further. If possible set the logging to debug mode in the Vault Admin Tool->Server Options and perform the operation that is generating this error.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mweaver

Post by mweaver » Sat May 29, 2004 8:27 am

I doesn't look like any errors are occurring on the server - and other users are not experiencing any problems with the file that I am having problems with.

The log file is attached.
Attachments
sgvault.log.txt
I set to Debug logging mode then renamed the old log file (so it would create a new log file), then attempt to get the file a couple of different times - still getting the reported error.
(10.63 KiB) Downloaded 454 times

mweaver

CRC delta mismatch - RESOLVED

Post by mweaver » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:55 pm

I received this response from SourceGear:

"Something may have corrupted the hidden state folder information for this file.

I'd suggest deleting the sgvault state folder for the working folder where
the problematic file is. If your _sgvault folder is in Application Data,
then the Diagnostic tool will tell you which _sgvault folder is associated
with the problem file.

After you delete the _sgvault folder, your files will be Unknown. Then do a
fresh get."

I did as directed and everything is working fine now. Thanks for the help.