Checking in solution

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
lvandelden

Checking in solution

Post by lvandelden » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi,

I have just bought the latest Vault version. Details:

Order Number: 67753
Order Date : Monday, 13 February 2012

I'm using visual studio 2010 and when I check in items in visual studio I'm getting the "check in" window of vault and after a little while I get the error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I have checked for solutions on the internet and I have tried several solutions. Like re-registering dlls and changing register keys. Nothing seams to work.

My development computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate with service pack 1. Operating system is a 64-bit.

Some solution on internet say that you have to uninstall and install the development software. If the only solution is to rebuild my machine then I would like to with draw my just new Vault purchased and try other source control solutions. It always takes a long time to make my development computer ready for developing.

Let me know if you need any more information from me to solve this problem.

Thanks for looking into this.

Leo

lbauer

Re: Checking in solution

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Generally the fix for the error is to run Regsvr32 actxprxy.dll.

Try executing the command while running the command line as Administrator. Also, try using the Regsvr32.exe from C:\Windows\SysWow64 directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lvandelden

Post by lvandelden » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:47 pm

lbauer wrote:Generally the fix for the error is to run Regsvr32 actxprxy.dll.

Try executing the command while running the command line as Administrator. Also, try using the Regsvr32.exe from C:\Windows\SysWow64 directory.
After register the DLL "actxprxy.dll" again I uninstalled Vault, restarted my laptop and installed Vault again.
Not sure what made it work though, because only register the DLL didn't work.
After installing Vault the error appeared in "SQL server management studio 2008" as well. To fix this I had to install a different version of "SQL server management studio". Installed the 32 bit version instead on my 64bit laptop.

Thanks for helping out.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Sorry things got so complicated. Let me know if we can be of assistance in the future.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager