Adding SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Solution to Vault

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

JohannesF

Adding SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Solution to Vault

Post by JohannesF » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:14 am

Hi, using Microsoft SQL Server Manager Studio Beta 2 to add a solution to Vault I get the error message: "An error occurred when you attempted to access the source control system. Check Installation."

If I attempt to add it again then I get the message: "The operation could not be completed."

The vault version we are currently using is 2.0.2.

Do you know if Vault is or will be working with Microsoft SQL Server Manager Studio?

or

What can I do to make it work?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:34 am

Is this a development tool? At the present time Vault supports only integration with VS.NET, Visual C++ and VB 6.

In the case of unsupported IDE's we suggest users consider using the GUI client for source control and then use the development tool of their choice to modify files, etc.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=195

If anyone has experience with Vault and Microsoft SQL Server Manager Studio Beta 2, feel free to chime in.
Last edited by lbauer on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:20 am

This is Microsoft's new tool for working with SQL 2005. Very nice tool. They basically combined the Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer into one and it looks and feels a lot like VS.NET.

From the source control toolbar it can open the GUI client of Vault source control. The tool picked up that Vault is my default source control, but it could not add the solution to the Vault server.

With the new tool you can create SQL solutions, just like you would create a C# solution. The idea is to be able to save your scripts into source control. I would think that it should work with Vault because they said it works with visual source safe.

onovotny

Post by onovotny » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:15 am

You need to upgrade to Vault 2.0.6 to use it with the SQL Management Studio. The SQL 2005 Studio uses the 2.0 framework; previous posts have shown that 2.0.2 will not run on the 2.0 framework while 2.0.6 will.