Error: "An exception was encountered during the transac

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

levank

Post by levank » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:43 pm

FIY - update on our import progress

Current import session crashed out about 70% through with a popou on a screen saying "Unable to establish connection to the Vault server. Please check your import log for details"

Clicking the "OK" button took me to the screen that said: "The import is complete. There were 18095 errors, which are described in the final report below". However the "final report below" has a message "No errors occurred during import"

Trying to connect to the vault server through the client, I was getting error "Server was unable to process request. --> Specified cast is not valid."

The last entry in the log for Vault Import tool was:

CONNECTION EXCEPTION: Unable to connect to http://192.9.150.92/vaultservice. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Import Complete!
Time to complete import: 1855.17:18:34.2031250
VSS Database closed.

(I like time to complete value - 1855 days)

Last two entries in the sqlvault log on the Vault server were:

----15/09/2006 19:22:56 --()-- An error occurred during the session cleanup. No sessions were removed from the database.\tThe log file for database 'sgvault' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.
----15/09/2006 19:22:56 --()-- The session information was not removed from the database. Please check sgvault.dbo.tblsessions within SQL Server. There may be orphaned sessions stored within the database. Error: FailDBDelete

From above, I can see that our SQL server has simply run out of the space in the log file. Shame - after all this effort we need to start again

I will keep you informed

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Yes, log file being full is an issue. I'll watch for your next update.