Change Sets: Does vault use such a concept?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cdaniel

Change Sets: Does vault use such a concept?

Post by cdaniel » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:01 pm

If I check in several changes at once in a single commit, does Vault create anything that could be described as a "changeset"?

I'd really like to be able to do things with committed change sets on a scope larger than a single file. Getting back to the "merge to remove a version" issue that I posted a couple days back, it would be nice to be able to review a list of change sets (not individual file modifications). A next step would be to allow operations on change sets, like "revert" to undo a changeset that spanned many files. Further options would be to get a list of files/folders affected by a changeset, and to see the specific diffs to a file/folder that are included in a changeset.

Of course, some of this could be done via labelling, but that sounds like a pain.
-cd

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:51 pm

The individual items in a transaction are indeed stored as distinct, known set of changes. In fact, we call them a changeset.

However, we currently don't support most of the features people actually would want to do at the changeset level. For example, Vault currently cannot rollback an entire changeset at once.

You can sort of review by changeset in history explorer if you select the "View Folder History by Version" option.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear