Repository showing diff file versions to diff Windows users

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Figbashing

Repository showing diff file versions to diff Windows users

Post by Figbashing » Tue May 28, 2013 11:15 pm

We are doing a very fast emergency migration of a large, complex website to a new server, after our web hosting company was clobbered by a zero-day software exploit.

Several team members have access to RDP in to the server (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) and use the Vault client there to log in, each with their own Vault login, and edit files that way. This is how it was set up on the old server, with no problem.

The Vault installation on the new server looked good to me at first but now I'm not so sure. RDPed in as Windows User 1 and logged in to Vault client as Vault User 1, I appear to be able to work normally in Vault, but if I later RDP in as Windows User 2 and log in to Vault client as the same Vault User 1, I'm now seeing "Renegade" status on all my files, AND a repository version that I know was iterated up to 15 in testing last night is now showing the version 6 it started off as at the time we restored the Vault databases from backup to this new server. I'm not able to wrap my head around how this is even possible, much less how to fix it. Would be grateful for any guidance.

lbauer

Re: Repository showing diff file versions to diff Windows us

Post by lbauer » Wed May 29, 2013 6:50 am

Much of the view in the client is determined by the client-side cache, which keeps track of file status, etc.

Close any open clients.

Go to the path %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1 or Users\Appdata\local\SourceGear\Vault_1 and delete or rename the entire Vault_1 folder. Restart IIS to clear the Vault Server cache before you log in again.

You will need to reset working folders and perform a Get Latest with Do Not Overwrite/MergeLater to re-establish baselines, rebuild the cache files and reset file status.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Figbashing

Post by Figbashing » Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 am

Linda, thanks, I appreciate this. I followed your directions, for both Windows User 1 and Windows User 2, and it doesn't appear to have addressed the problem. Specifically, the one particular file to which I made a bunch of changes (logged in as Windows User 1/Vault User 1) for testing purposes after re-installing Vault, which incremented the version number in the repository from 6 to 15, still shows as version number 6 in the repository when I log in as Windows User 2/Vault User 1, as if I'd never made the changes. This is even before I re-download latest version (file status shows missing, as expected).

Any other thoughts?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 am

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. I'm available. Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager