execute on check-in

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nroberts

execute on check-in

Post by nroberts » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:38 am

Is there a way to set up a command line to execute when a check-in occurs? I would like to trigger a build script so that there is always an up-to-date build of our projects. I would need this to be folder customizable if possible.

Version 3.1.9

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 am

CruiseControl.NET essentially does this, with some extra bells and whistles. If a build for each checkin is ultimately what you're after, this is a good route to take.

As an alternative, you could build a plugin to do more precisely what you want.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

nroberts

Post by nroberts » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:32 pm

ian_sg wrote:plugin to do more precisely what you want.
Ok, well I have followed the instructions up to "UpdateRepositoryInformation". It is asking for a name and a path. I entered the name and the path and get this:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetErrorString(Int32 nErrorCode)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultSoapException..ctor(Int32 nStatusCode)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.ValidateServiceVersions(Int32[] clientSupportedVersions)
at VaultService.VaultService.ValidateServiceVersions(Int32[] clientSupportedVersions)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.Login(String strURLBase, String strUsername, String strPassword)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Login(String urlbase, String username, String password)
at VaultPluginTemplate.PluginServiceTemplate.UpdateRepositoryInformation(String repositoryName, String pathToWatch) in c:\buildtools\vaultplugin\VaultPluginTemplate\App_Code\PluginServiceTemplate.asmx.cs:line 480

I'm guessing that I have entered the path wrong. I tried:

$/PATH/path
/PATH/path
and
/$/PATH/path

None work. Ideas?

Line 480 is the login command. Tried with hostname, localhost, and ip address. username and password are correct.

Continuing to try and figure out:

Log file shows no attempt to log in. Attempted a bad password login with standard client and it showed up in the log instantly. I don't think it is connecting at all. I can't find anything on clientSupportedVersions but I would assume that is right as the dll came with the server...

nroberts

Post by nroberts » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:24 pm

ian_sg wrote:CruiseControl.NET essentially does this, with some extra bells and whistles. If a build for each checkin is ultimately what you're after, this is a good route to take.

As an alternative, you could build a plugin to do more precisely what you want.
Well, the plugin thing obviously doesn't work. Tried everything I could think of. Breaks down somewhere in the library itself when trying to log in. The cruisecontrol thing is really great though. In fact I think it does what we want beyond the build software we just purchased; should still be able to get our money back on that. Thanks for the info.