System.Net.Dns exception

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

OskarSchneider

System.Net.Dns exception

Post by OskarSchneider » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:22 pm

Hi,

installed Vault 2.01 (2137) the first time and try to connet to the demo server.

After hitting the OK button of the "Connet to Server" dialog I am geting an error" The type initializer for "System.Net.Dns" threw an exception

Any hints?

TIA
Oskar

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:50 pm

It sounds like something may be wrong with your .NET framework installation. I found a message on one of Intel's software forums where the same problem appears with one of Intel's applications. The message says that it appears to be a bug with in the 1.1 version of the framework, and Intel is waiting on Microsoft to fix it. Have you modified your framework configuration files (machine.config) since their installation?
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:14 pm

That could be enirely possible.
At least the filedate of machine config is newer than the installtion date, however that was in August last year and I am afaid there is no rollback.

This change had been made to try to get Vault 1.0 up and running, but I for sure cannot remember what we changed. So, reinstall the framework?

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:03 pm

A reinstall may fix the problem. I'm not sure if machine.config is removed on uninstall of the framework, so you may need to remove it by hand.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`