Upload failed

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pro-logic

Upload failed

Post by pro-logic » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:30 am

Well i'm a .net developer for quite a while now, and i know the pains of SourceSafe, and i have also heard great things about SourceGear vault, however i have an issue
I cant add files :-S
I get a error saysing "This request requires buffering of data for authentication or redirection to be sucesful"
what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:59 am

There are two possible causes for this error.

1. The VaultService virtual directory in IIS is not configured to accept anonymous connections. Vault handles its own authentication, so Windows authentication is not necessary.

2. There is some device (router, firewall, proxy, etc) between the client and server that doesn't speak HTTP 1.1 very well. Try setting the registry key described here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... successful

pro-logic

Post by pro-logic » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:24 pm

Ok thanks i actually think it may be both, Vault is running on my local machine that i have set to have windows authentication, and i have firewals routers etc.. i'll get back with what the issue was ASAP

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:53 pm

one quick clarification on 1.

for most people's needs, the caveat about running the virtual folder with anonymous access is correct.

however, we have had customers insist on running the vaultservice virtual folder with anonymous access off. while we usually do not recommend this configuration, it is possible with modifications to vault server's web.config. for more info, see http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=308#1252.

note, you should have a good understanding of asp.net's authorization scheme before making any changes. plus make sure you have backups for any file before modification.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear